Curse of the Madman's Exploration Alpha is out!
So, I've made quite a significant update to the game. Now, instead of having to press button to spawn a new enemy to fight, game has a full on exploration of a randomly generated level. Nothing fancy so far, but it's a groundwork for the exploration-based gameplay.
For this exploration system, I've made a simple, but nice looking camera, which works perfectly for this style of movement.
Also, I tweaked the progression, so now you shouldn't get a new Curse level after every battle, and made a bunch of under-the-hood improvements.
- Added exploration elements. Now player explores randomly generated rooms with enemies in them.
- "Game Over" screen now shows the results of the current run;
- Added background graphics;
- Excess of curse points in now not carried over to the next level;
- Slowed overall progression;
- Minor big fixes.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.